Full-Time Technical Product Manager
Hobsons connects learning to life by matching students to opportunity across a lifetime of education decisions. Nearly 60% of first-year college students find they aren’t prepared for college, despite being technically eligible for it. Employers are also finding that students are not being properly prepared for the workforce in key areas. We aim to change that by delivering college and career readiness solutions that help bridge the gap between college access and completion by engaging students throughout their educational journey.
We currently have an outstanding opportunity for a Technical Product Manager (TPM). At Hobsons, TPMs drive product innovation, creating sustainable benefits for students and competitive advantages for Hobsons. The TPM serves as the product owner for one or more scrum teams and handles prioritizing the team’s backlog to address business priorities while maintaining technical integrity. Must be able to work collaboratively and influence a cross-functional team to deliver on the roadmap. Ideal candidates are passionate about creating education opportunities for students while supporting schools, colleges, and universities.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon metro) or Cincinnati, OH (Sharonville).
- Support Hobsons Software Development Lifecycle as an agile Product Owner and be the proxy for the users and the customers to the scrum team
- Active participation on the Scrum team
- Prioritize the Scrum team’s backlog with guidance from partnering product manager
- Gather level-of-effort estimates working collaboratively with UX, Engineering (Architects, Developers, and QA), Dev Ops and Tech Ops for new features and initiatives
- Work collaboratively with product manager and assist in defining the market, product direction, and the 6 to 12 month roadmap
- Track cost of delivery, provide insights and make recommendations to improve ROI for the business
- Strong knowledge of the marketplace, the competition and the future trends for college search and admissions preferred.
- Serve as a key subject matter expert on the product
- Support the Product Manager with launching product to market and ensure our cross-functional business units are ready to support the product once launched
- Manage the execution of the 6-month roadmap
- Build positive relationships and trust through on-time delivery, high quality, and continuous innovation
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant business or technical discipline or equivalent years of related experience is highly preferred
- 3 to 5 years in a product owner role on an Agile Scrum team is preferred
- 2 to 3 years working with SaaS Software product is highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of Agile Scrum software development methodology
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to manage 3 to 5 simultaneous initiatives in different phases
- Ability to influence and motivate cross-functional teams including UX, QA, Architects, and Developers
- Ability to grasp broad product/business strategy
- Strong analytical and process-oriented approach; Ability to apply structure to complex problems
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively with customers in high-pressure situations and with multiple groups
- Passion for education – especially access to higher education.
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24th through January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Global Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded International Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class – Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit: www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Intersect and Starfish, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.