Full-Time Technical Product Owner
On the Beach isn’t a normal travel company and neither are our people. We’re united in our mission to become Europe’s leading online retailer of beach holidays. We are taking over tech in the city, so join us now! Our award-winning team has relocated to our multi-million Tech HQ in the heart of Manchester and we are looking for passionate and ambitious like-minded tech superstars to join our journey.
You are passionate about technology, you thrive on solving problems, you love to learn and get a kick from working as part of a team. You care about your craft, you want to build exceptional products and be proud of what you deliver. You are flexible, open to new ideas and always looking for ways to improve.
Our culture and success thrive on a flat hierarchy, supported by an Executive team with a completely open-door policy and a hunger for new ideas and innovation. If you want to learn quickly, have great people skills and you want to make a difference then we are a great company in which to learn and grow as a Technical Product Manager.
As Technical Product Owner, you’ll have a key influential role between business, development and user experience, providing commercial context and weight to your multifunctional teams’ roadmap.
You’ll be evangelical about analysis, it will be second nature for you to analyse behaviour, whether it is our customers’ or our internal systems. Our Business Insight team will support your quest to quantify the impact of developments and, if necessary, run user testing to help further understand the qualitative results of previous changes to inform future developments.
You’ll build a culture of trust between stakeholders and the team through clear communication and close engagement at each stage of the process. Stakeholder input and expectations will be yours to manage, steer and influence. Your understanding of most all aspects of the business will help you communicate the benefits and goals behind every piece of work we pick up.
Our agile approach doesn’t conform to any manifesto – your ultimate goal is to pave the way for development teams to deliver optimum value to market to rapidly test and learn by knowledgeably prioritising and managing the scope of work, managing stakeholder involvement and removing obstacles.
- Sound prioritisation methodology for managing trade-offs between cost, time to market and strategic alignment to ensure the best ROI from our development, an agile MVP focus towards delivery, test and learn
- Work as a part of a highly collaborative cross-functional team to oversee the planning, development and design of the technical product strategy from product initiation decision through the end of the product life cycle.
- Engage with internal stakeholders at various levels to formulate and present strategy, update on progress and demo new product features.
- Work with the Business Insight functions to measure the success of each deploy and enhancement and communicate insights back to the idea stakeholders and Director of Product Innovation to quantify the impact.
- Support the establishment of product vision, business goals, product roadmap and global rollout plans and champions this within the team, foster a culture of autonomy, trust and growth within the team and encourage innovative experiments
- Identify opportunities for future development and innovation
Skills and Experience:
- Product experience in a commercial ecommerce environment.
- A true self starter, with the ability to develop strong internal relationships quickly across multiple business stakeholders and the confidence to work at any level.
- Strong commercial awareness, can take a business strategy and apply this to all decisions
- Outstanding technical, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Great personal and people management skills, and the ability to motivate a team with a complex workload and tight deadlines.
- Experience using a suite of analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Decibel Insight, Usertesting.com to a good standard
This is the PLACE…
To elevate your career and join a passionate team of like-minded product owners, striving to produce the very best. We sell holidays, so the office is bright, people smile and we’re always excited! We work hard (rarely at our desks) and play hard (pool, table tennis, xbox), the bar opens on a Friday afternoon and the work/life balance is second to none.
We do have hammocks!