Please login/register to apply for this job.
31 May 2018
Full-Time VP Product
Our vision: Advancing open justice around the world ⚖
Doctrine builds a legal research and analytics software for legal professionals, law firms, companies, and individuals to search through the law, manage their cases, and grow their business.
We’re on a mission to connect legal professionals to data, information, news and insights, making law accessible and understandable. Our challenge is to offer the latest technologies in artificial intelligence through the most simple, efficient and well designed product to our customers, in a traditional industry. 👩🏼⚖️
At Doctrine, we are a product company: we strive to solve problems for our customers. We believe that the only sustainable competitive advantage is created at the intersection of product management, engineering and design.
That’s why we’re looking for an experienced and highly-successful product junkie to fill our Vice President, Product role. As our VP Product, you’ll lead Doctrine’s product organization, manage and mentor the product owners/product managers and the user experience designers, and set the best conditions to scale our product team and establish a true product culture across the whole company. 🚀
- Hire outstanding product owners, product managers and UX designers
- Train, coach, mentor and grow our talented Product Management team (currently 3 people), Product Design team (currently 3 people) and Legal Team (subject matter experts, currently 2 people)
- Drive the development, prioritization and execution of Doctrine’s product strategy
- Execute consistently, rapidly, and effectively to take ideas from the initial vision to production
- Effectively oversee product delivery and execution, including user research, experiments, and feature roll-out
- Proactively implement lightweight processes to get valuable product out the door as fast as possible as we keep scaling
- Implement the best practices for rapid testing, learning, and continuous innovation
- Establish a strong product culture in the whole company
- Inspire and motivate the company and ensure that the entire company understands direction for the product
- Maintain a deep understanding of the overall market
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years in a product management role
- 2+ years coaching or managing high-performing teams that exemplify a culture of excellence
- Track record of building and delivering products that have scaled, from concept to live
- Strong analytical and technical skills with an ability to define, analyze, challenge or be challenged on metrics that measure the success of products
- Demonstrated passion for and success in attracting, assessing, and hiring highly skilled candidates
- Proven ability to develop others: address their weaknesses and exploit their strengths
- Expert on modern forms of product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, and product development process
- Great understanding of the economics and dynamics of SaaS B2B
- Creativity: the same tricks don’t always work in every market
- Strong ability to channel multiple points-of-view
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of humor and love for challenging the status quo!
- Ideal time to join Doctrine in terms of growth and opportunities
- Regular compensation reviews
- Strong team spirit and company culture 👨👩👧👦
- Amazing team of hackers and hustlers
- Cool and classy office (it’s an ex-embassy!) in the center of Paris, with secure bike storage
- Free coffee, tea, and fresh fruits 🍐
- Thursday beers, monthly events with the team & a looot of breakfasts
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Choice of computer equipment to help you get your job done